Thursday, March 23, 2017

We got carpet!

So yesterday we got our carpet! We were going to go for either laminate flooring or the "peel and stick" stuff, but the cost is outrageous here locally. and we won't be going to Lewiston (80 miles away) until after the fist of April, and we are thinking we are going to start our adventure around that time, so we want the floor ready. I have wussy feet and I can find the smallest little speck of a rock on any floor, so I want carpet!!!

After we picked up the carpet and a few other essentials from the hardware store (Thanks Clearwater Builders Supply) we headed up to the bus. When we got there I started cutting the carpet in half. It came in an 8ft wide roll, so I had to make it 4ft wide for inside the bus. (Our widest spot is 3ft 9in). Well I had a momentary spot of time when I forgot Situational Awareness and the Carpenters Knife slipped and I stabbed myself in the leg.
Ya, so lesson for the day,
ALWAYS BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!!!!!

So we went to the ER, because it was deep and wanted to stay wide open (a bit to wide for Duck Tape, and we only have Metal tape right now, used all the Duck Tape already....). After about 2 hours I finally got stitched up. It took 2 hours because there was a wreck we passed on the way to the bus and they were still in the ER. One person was in critical condition and had to be Life-Flight-ed out. I didn't mind waiting, they were WAY worse off than me!

Anyway, I got all stitched up (5 stitches, so not to bad) and released, so we had some lunch at almost 3pm, Thank You to my in-laws John and Mom (Krissy)! and went back to the bus to work some more. Shanesta wouldn't let me do much so I sat on the couch while she put polyurethane on our kitchen counter so that it handles bumps and dings better. I think it looks great!

After that, we decided to go ahead and finish cutting the carpet in half. Shanesta did all but the very center of the roll, which I did......VERY carefully. I don't need any more stitches!!! After it was in half, we decided it was about time to head home, my leg was starting to hurt pretty good, so we locked everything up and headed home.

Sorry there wasn't alot to show progress-wise, but Shanesta and TJ are heading up to do some stuff. Well, I guess that's all for today.

God Bless!







No comments:

Post a Comment