Wednesday, March 15, 2017

First night in the bus!!!!

We went up to the bus yesterday with the plan of working all day, and most of the evening and then SPEND THE NIGHT! First time any of us has slept on a bus. Now granted, Shanesta and I probably fell asleep on a bus going on field trips when we were younger, but I mean the first time to purposely fall asleep on a bus. TJ and Lucas slept like rocks on their new mattress' that Shanesta made out of a few bus seats. No this picture isn't staged, this was this morning when I (like normal) was awake hours before everyone else.
I didn't take a picture of Shanesta and I sleeping, haven't quite figured out how to do that yet! Anyways our mattress was comfy, but I think it is a bit hard.... But Shanesta had no problems with it at all, so we will see how things go after a few more nights in the near future. In the long run, these "test" nights will make things a bit easier for my back to handle. Last thing I want is to be on the road and to have horrible back pain after just a few nights on our mattress, when a simple $20 topper fixes everything. This picture is just our bed and pillows/cover. We will be building a shelf at the head of the bed for lights and a clock, but haven't yet. Possibly tomorrow if there is still to much snow to horn hunt. It's crazy how last year we had already found a bunch of horns, and the snow had been gone for weeks, where as this year we still have 8-12inches in the shady spots!
Yesterday, I finished the toilet room while Shanesta finished the couch cushions and TJ's bed mattress. The toilet is a simple composting toilet, but we want stability for whoever needs to use it if we are driving!
Here's how our shower is going to be. No it's not big, or roomy, but in reality why have a huge shower when you only spend 10 minutes a day in there???? I haven't plumbed it yet, as I spent the morning finishing various projects that I had been putting off, such as: getting the starboard (passenger side) storage opened (the latch was full of dirt and was stuck shut), putting more cedar 1x4's trim pieces in place, and getting the propane squared away for the stove/oven. Out of all the vehicles I have been under, I have to say being able to sit straight up under one when working on it is a pretty awesome feeling!
Here's the couch cushions all finished. We still have to find more foam for the back piece, but talk about comfortable, Yea Buddy!!! I found my "spot" for morning devotions.... sitting where the newspaper is with my back against the pantry and my legs stretched out on the couch facing the front of the bus. Well y'all have a good night and God Bless!





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this wonderful article really!

    ReplyDelete